The 24 Hour Bailiffs Limited offers a full range of debt recovery and litigation services which take you through the following stages in the process of debt recovery: The Pre-Legal Debt Recovery Stage; The Legal Stage and the Enforcement Stage.
Our process is completely flexible so you, as the client, are able to choose how far you wish to progress with the recovery of your outstanding debts. Our staff are on hand 24 hours a day to offer advice and support on the most appropriate way to proceed forward with the recovery of your outstanding debts and we keep you updated throughout the process.
We operate a LOW FIXED FEE service to ensure that there are no hidden charges or mounting costs, which some other firms charge. Please turn to our ‘Fixed Fee’ page for a complete breakdown of our fees.
Many other firms act on ‘a no win, no fee’ basis, which is very tempting. However, what they do not then tell you is that if the matter moves to litigation, i.e. the debtor does not respond to debt recovery letters and court action is required, or if the matter is defended, hourly rates are then charged which can be in excess of £100.00 per hour.
At the 24 Hour Bailiffs Limited, our fees are fixed throughout the entire debt recovery, litigation and enforcement process so you always know what costs are being incurred and can weigh up the financial risks of the case. We act on a LOW FIXED FEE BASIS, which are mostly cheaper than many other legal and debt recovery firms. We do NOT charge a commission so what you recover from the debtor is yours in its’ entirety.
The 24 Hour Bailiffs Limited deal with many types of debt including personal debts, commercial debts, outstanding residential rent and outstanding commercial rent. We deal with the entire debt recovery process in house from tracing to enforcement. As no work is outsourced, we can keep our costs low.
THE STAGES OF DEBT RECOVERY:
1. The Pre-Legal Debt Recovery Stage:
– A dedicated recovery agent is assigned to your case, along with a case reference number.
– We undertake a full trace and credit check on your debtor if this is required (an additional fee is charged for this in the sum of £49.99 – this is at your discretion).
– We send a letter for the recovery of your outstanding debt to your debtor on the SAME DAY that you instruct us.
– DAY 5 we send an SMS reminder to your debtor.
– DAY 8 we send a ‘Letter Before Action’ letter to your debtor, stating that if payment is not made within the next 7 days, legal proceedings will be undertaken.
– DAY 15 the litigation process begins on your instructions.
(Throughout the process we continue to attempt to contact your debtor by telephone/email to establish early settlement of the outstanding debt).
Should the debtor not make full payment or agree to a repayment schedule following the Pre-Legal Debt Recovery Stage, we can then proceed with the litigation process on your instructions.
2. The Legal Stage:
We can initially start proceedings using our in house legal team.
– If the debt is for a fixed amount less than £10,000.00 we can issue proceedings in the Small Claims Court.
– We charge LOW FIXED RATE FEES for each stage of the recovery process. (These fees can be found on our ‘Fixed Fee’ page). You are also responsible for any Court fees (disbursements) to be paid up front – These are fully recoverable from the debtor.
– If the debtor either admits to the outstanding amount or fails to respond to the Claim, we can proceed to enter an immediate Default Judgement against the debtor.
– Should the debtor defend the case in full or in part, the case will proceed to a Hearing and a Small Claims Court Judge will decide on the merits of the case.
Please be aware that as the matter is issued within the Small Claims Court, our fixed fees can not be recovered from the debtor unless the debt is a business to business debt. This applies to any individual or business instructing a legal firm to assist in the recovery of an outstanding debt below the sum of £10,000.00.
Please Note: Proceedings for any sum above £10,000.00 will incur further legal fees should the matter be disputed which will be charged at a low rate, however these can be recovered from the losing party. Should your claim be for a fixed sum above £10,000.00 one of our members of staff will discuss the entire process with you and the fixed fee process can be found on our ‘Fixed Fee’ page
3. The Enforcement Stage:
On requesting judgement, we can enforce the claim through the high court and have one of our high court enforcement officers undertake the collection of the outstanding debt. The high court enforcement officer’s fees are recoverable from the debtor, however there is a fixed Court fee of £60.00 made payable directly to ‘HMCTS’ and an upfront fixed £90.00 compliance fee, along with a £30.00 administrative fee. These fees can be recovered from the debtor in addition to your outstanding debt.
Our dedicated members of staff are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss your debt recovery requirements.
Call us now on 01227 750 966 to speak to one of our experienced members of staff to find out how the 24 Hour Bailiffs Limited can help you. Alternatively, please feel free to complete our enquiry form and one of our dedicated debt recovery and legal agents will contact you to discuss your matter further.